Skip to main content

The Spirit of God Within




Today I give thanks for all the good within my life. I am healthy, I have sufficiency in the things I need and God is always good.

Now, that does not mean that I do not have concerns, times of need, or times when I hurt because of issues within my life. I have times that I look back. I think about how I could have accomplished more, however being a Christian does not save us from life experiences. 


We cannot undo the past, live it again, or do it over. I have to accept, move on, and depend on the Lord to take care of me now. This is what every human must remember.

I search daily to be more like Christ, more loving, more prayerful, be kinder, and more of all things, what he would have me to be. I often fail to be what I know he would have me be. I am not perfect, and I am not deceived into thinking I am. However, I do profess that I am striving to be more in his will, his commandments, and live a life of love for my fellow Christians, and all human life. I seek to understand more about myself and want to be able to seeking understanding of others, instead of judging, I try hard not to judge, and most of the time, I succeeded. I seek to live my life like someone who has the Spirit of God within.


I like to understand the "why" of things. That is not always possible. The scripture states, "His ways are not our ways." Therefore, letting things go that sometimes troubles us is what we must do. It is not always easy.


With that said, I am always wondering why we as humans, think, feel and say things that are not like what Jesus would say or do, and certainly not how he feels. If his spirit is in us, as the Bible says:

"But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now, if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his." Romans 8:9 

This is plain English, and it is not referring to the Holy Ghost, this is the Spirit of God, that we receive when we become saved, and become a Christian.  

More than likely the answer to that from some would be, because we are humans with humanly traits even though we are born of the spirit. That is somewhat clarified in the scripture also here:

"For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust." Psalms 103:14


However, this scripture tells us to do this: 


"Keep thy tongue from evil, and they lips from specking guile." Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it." Psalms 34: 13, 14


Often in life we get down on ourselves and begin to criticize others, feeling justified because we become bothered by something that very often is not exactly how we thought it was. If we are living with a desire to be more understanding, we will not jump to conclusions. We should pray, seeking understanding and remember that we are all dust, and that God’s Spirit within us, will teach us.


I am a thinker at heart. I try to figure things out, and understand the why of life things, and why life is as it is, and how we became the person we are without noticing it. All things are not for our knowing, therefore I work on myself and pray for wisdom. Very often, we look at others, and judge from a standpoint other than how Jesus looks at each of us. He searches the heart, He knows what is in the heart, and He knows the intent of the heart. How wonderful is that?


Linda Todd 

Comments