Skip to main content

Today's Blessings

Today, I have worked on this blog giving it some good looks (I hope), making it colorful, and most of all keeping it full of encouragement, hope, and sharing of God's wonderful love. Not long ago, someone mentioned that when writing, I should "stop writing and start talking." This was a lady that has been online for 19 years and has done extremely well. So, today's blessings is my talking point today.


At the beginning of this year, I decided that I needed to walk closer to the Lord, and begin to follow with prudent thoughts the way Jesus has said we should. I put the Bible on my main browser so that I could pull it up first thing in the morning before I do anything else. This gives me a fresh feast of God's word, and allows me to think only of Him before I begin my day. Yes, I do have that cup of coffee that I am finishing up, but it appears He is sending me some relevant scriptures to let me know how I should walk with Him.

Today's blessing are numerous, as they are every day. I woke up this morning, I was able to see, hear, feel, think, touch, pray, and sing. Even though I have a hearing loss that started in my twenties; I can still hear. Thank the Lord.

Today's blessings is that I have food on the table, groceries in the cabinets, water to drink, and more clothing than I will ever wear.  Why the latter? Well, you see I had to retire early, I was in mortgage finance/lending and had been for many years, and I had clothes to match the years. Oh, well almost, too many for sure.

With the mortgage meltdown, life changed, I worked part-time but what really changed my life was starting to write here on blogger, WordPress, article directories, HubPages, Wizzley, my website, and even some more. This was about 6 years ago. I have learned an awful lot. Money....I have made money, but it hasn't made me rich and never will. That is in the way of dollars and cents. I have been rich with meeting some good people and making new friends.

Writing has changed my life in many ways. It has kept this mind busy by learning how to set up websites, blogs, learning writing skills and the like. Without it I probably would have been a lost child. Shall we smile?


"And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful." Colossians 3:15

"And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God." Deuteronomy 28:2


So, today's blessing include the ability to write online about God, life things, personal growth, business, finance, home & family, and much more. You can find my website The Woman's Post and join the our conversations about women and their life.

Jesus gave me all I would ever need, when He died on Calvary. He really did, because he gave his life for me to obtain salvation.

He has never altered in saving my life many times when I was weak, or lacking in my work for Him. He is my best friend because He loves me un-conditionally, and has proven it many times.

We go to prayer sometimes with our wants, when actually we should start with thanksgiving. When we need Him most, we must remember that it often takes a time of patient prayer to get some answers from Him. We walk afar off, we then get in a crisis and want it now. God does not always work on our terms. He wants us to follow Him with a steady, balanced, and fruitful life. When we have met the mark of a constant relationship with Him, we can then know that He will hear our prayers when it is time.

This isn't a long post today, but we should all take stock of each day's blessings. I think of the refugees who are without home, clothing, or food and a place of peace. I think about all of the little children who have been diagnosed with cancer, and their parents who can hardly breathe because of the pain they have. I think about the little older man and women in the nursing home, who have no one to visit and hug their neck. I think about so many things that I should thank God for on a daily basis. These precious people need our prayers, it doesn't matter that we cannot call their names. Jesus knows their names.

Please pray with me for all of these needs, and please stop to think about Today's Blessings everyday.

God love you,


Linda Todd







Comments