Skip to main content

Renew Me

"Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.  Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.  Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit."  Psalms 51: 10-12 (KJV)



When you have given all;  Why do I give so little?  I want to love you better than this.

Renew Me

Why am I such a dusty window for your light to shine through?
Why am I just a tiny star in a sky aleady blue?
Why do I offer everything with my heart closed like a fist?
I want to love You better than this.  Why do I live like I'm in
chains when you have set me free?  And why do I have to break Your heart before I fall to my knees?  I know it's time
to pray for change give all I have to give;
I want to love You better than this.

Chorus

So Renew me, Remake me,
Undo me,Unbreak me,
Come into the empty spaces
of my broken places
and consume me.
Complete me, Pursue me,
Redeem me,
Let Your Holy Spirit live though me.

Renew me,
I need You as my refuge
My first and last resort, be the river always
running though my deepest thoughts; Keep me
in Your arms 'cause even when I drift I want to love
You better than this.....

I came across this song yesterday and it has already given me something I needed and made me want to sing it from the mountain tops.  I want to love you better than this..........praise the Lord....yes, I want to love you better than this......



Comments