Skip to main content

Our Daily Bread -Thursday

"Let the words of my mouth, and the mediation of my heart, be acceptable unto the, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer."  Psalms 19: 14 (kjv)

If these were the first words out of my mouth each morning; I am sure my Christian walk would be more successful.  So many times I have great intentions of perfecting myself but seem to fail at something which seems really simple.  Like; keeping my mouth shut.  If I can't say anything that is edifying; I need to keep it shut.  If I can't keep from saying something that is not acceptable unto the Lord; I need to pray more...that I am sure.

 In the Psalms; I find so many scriptures which bless my soul and encourage me to live more fully in the Word.  In the above verse it seems clear to me that if the mediation of my heart is acceptable then what comes out of my mouth should be. Good intentions; right?  Yes, it means that I have a full time job; working on my heart so that what comes out of my mouth is acceptable in His sight.

In fact; in James 1:26-27- "If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain. Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world." 

It is simple, yet hard, but nevertheless clear.  If we can't control what we say; then we are not living as acceptable unto Him.  Oh, my....I feel the need to be more careful, even when I am expressing what another person might be going through; an illness or the pain of another soul.  I do not want to offend or be in judgement of another as I am not walking in their shoes; and as we have already said we are not to pass judgement.

Today's words can be tomorrows sorrow or they can be blessings. Words carry much meaning and we never know who hears what we have to say.  Someone is listening and especially the Father. It might be wise that we chose our words with wisdom and care so that we do not wound another soul...It makes me realize that my walk with Him is clearly not perfected or finished; it has only begun......again..."Let the words of my mouth, and the mediation of my heart; be acceptable unto thee, O Lord."

Comments