Skip to main content

Learning to Lean

How do we learn to lean on God?  I hope this provokes some ways from you readers.  I will give some of my thoughts and hopefully you will yours. 

Learning to Lean:

There are times that it is very difficult to let things go and cast our cares totally upon the Lord.  There are things which we fear the outcome of and even though we know He loves us; it is still difficult to just forget about it.  In our times of stress and wonder, we must totally surrender to our faith in Him and have the
Peace in the Midst of the Storm.

Psalms 55: 22- "Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee:  he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved."

Psalms 18: 2 - "The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower,  v 3:  I will call upon the Lord, who is worth to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies."

Psalms 9:10 - "And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, Lord, hast not forsaken them that seek thee." 

There are many scriptures that we could put in this post but, these are all saying that we do not have to wonder, we do not have to guess.  It is up to us to take a deep breath and be assured that He will not suffer the righteous to be moved, nor his seed begging bread, nor will He forsake those who see Him.

In Psalms 18: 36   It tells us that the Lord will enlarge our steps so that our feet do not slip.  Doesn't that sound wonderful and something to encourage our thoughts.  He is taking notice of our steps and guarding our steps so that they are enlarged, so we do not slip.  In the previous scriptures in that chapter; it indicates that we somehow must understand that God's way is perfect, His word is tried and he is a buckler to all those that trust in Him.

What more can we ask of Him, what more do we need to let go and just lean on Him?  Still not sure?

Okay, here it is said again.  Nothing more beautiful than the Twenty Third Psalms

"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.  He maketh me to life down
in green pastures: he leadeth me besides the still waters,
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of
righteousness for his name's sake.  Yea, though I
walk through the valley of the shadow of
death, I will fear no evil: for
thou art with me; thy
rod and thy staff
they comfort
me.




Tho preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies; thou
anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over,  Surely goodness
shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the
house of the Lord for ever."



Comments